Monday, January 31, 2011

Scripture Monday... yep.

Today's Scripture is kind of random. I am a pretty introspective person, so from time to time I take an inventory of the things I need to improve about my life. To be honest, I do this a little too much at times. But this weekend I was thinking about how I have the tendency to be critical. It is one of the things I really need to tackle in my personality, because I hate that my first tendency is to to judge rather than to offer grace. So I was flipping through my Bible and I started reading Jonah when this passage jumped off the page:

Those who cling to worthless idols
   forfeit the grace that could be theirs.

(Jonah 2:8, NIV)


Being critical can turn into an idol if it rules your life or your emotions. And if I am critical, I am forfeiting grace. And Lord knows I need grace in my life. So this week I am trying to give and receive grace. Hold me to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment