Sunday, January 9, 2011

Wanted: a Norman church!

First, I want to apologize for not using any pictures in my blog so far. In the blogging world, that is an epic fail. But stick with me! I will have tons more pictures in the days to come, especially since the house is finally coming together. I feel so blessed just to have a place this cute! Not to mention affordable, conveniently located, and safe. Right now I am sitting by my kitchen window with flakes of snow dancing to the ground outside. And La has isolated herself outside in the shed... don't ask.

[Actually, she is painting her new chest of drawers, so no drama there :)]

One of the hardest things about moving here is leaving behind my church family. I really enjoy Memorial Road COC and the new Launch class has been a blessing in my life. Plus, most of my friends still go to church there. Last night when I was in Edmond, a lot of people asked me if I was coming back to Edmond for church. It is such a hard decision, because I really want to meet people here, and going to church and getting connected is probably one of the best ways to do that. So today La and I went to Journey Church here in Norman.

Right away the atmosphere was really friendly, and one of the guest greeters helped us figure out what was going on. She even found us after the service just to make sure we didn't have any questions. We went to the new east campus, which was pretty empty, but I bet most of the college students who go there haven't gotten back from Christmas break yet.

The sermon, by senior pastor Clark Mitchell, was really deep and perfectly applicable to some of the messages that God has already placed in my life this week. He talked about fasting, and how it makes room for God to work in your life. He also talked about how disciplined fasting can help rid of the gunk in your life like doubt, gossip, criticism, etc.

Overall, Journey Church was warm, welcoming, and a really powerful worship experience! We have a lot of other churches to check out, but this was definitely a good start! I can't wait to get plugged in somewhere :)

Also if you know of any good Norman churches, you should definitely let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment