Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Home sweet home: kitchen

Last week Laura and I welcomed our first visitors to our house, and it was so much fun! On Tuesday our friend Derek dropped by for dinner. We had chicken tortilla soup that I made in my trusty crockpot and mexican cornbread, and we talked about the state of American public school systems and European travel. Then we broke the party up early because it was getting too close to the 10 o'clock bedtime. Seriously, how old am I?

Crockpot, early bedtimes and mature conversation? Watch out world, it's a new Kaylee.

Christy, my roommate from sophomore year, came to Norman on Thursday and went to Zumba with us, and then we caught up at the Pita Pit on Campus Corner for a healthy dinner. Seeing a few familiar faces was great, and I loved welcoming people into the house! Here are a few pics of our kitchen area.

















This is the darling kitchen table that my mom found on Craigslist. The price was right, and the former owners were alums of Oklahoma Christian! Such a small world.
























The baking rack, which we found at The Bronze Leaf in Moore, holds our plates, silverware and our crockpot. One of the only downfalls of this house is that there is very little cabinet space in the kitchen... but the house was built in the 40's so that is to be expected. It's part of its charm, yada yada yada.

Also you will notice that two of the main themes in the room are coffee and roosters. La and I just kind of combined what we already had.
















See all the coffee? It's obviously a priority in this kitchen.























The stove/range is gas, which is new for me. So far I like it. Since everyone on the Food Network uses a gas range it just makes me feel a little bit more culinary.
















This is the view from the backdoor, which leads to the shed. Even though the kitchen is small, its lay out is user friendly. It also has our stackable washer and dryer, but for some reason I didn't take a picture of it. But let's face it, a washer and dryer aren't all that exciting.

But then again, how much of my kitchen actually is?  

Don't answer that.

No comments:

Post a Comment