Monday, January 24, 2011

Scripture Sunday.... yep, I'm a day behind

Sorry I didn't post this sooner, but this weekend was incredibly busy (and so fun!), so I didn't even open my computer yesterday. Which, come to think of it, was actually nice.












This week's scripture comes from one of my favorite chapters in the bible, Romans 12. Sometimes I carry a attitude toward Scripture that makes it all seem a lot more complicated than it actually is. Granted, some parts of the Bible are difficult to understand, but this is not one of those passages. It contains eight snippets of valuable advice for life in general, and I love how simple it is. Maybe it is just me, but sometimes I just need people to spell it out for me, and this verse does a good job of doing just that.

My favorite part is "Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying." The NIV simplifies it even further, saying "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction , faithful in prayer." No matter what is going on in my life--good or bad--those are words that always inspire me. I hope they inspire you, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment