Friday, January 21, 2011

It's Friday!






















I've decided that my favorite Christmas present of 2010 was these cozy boots that my mom got for me. I didn't ask for them, because I didn't even know I needed some good snow boots. But they have kept my toes toasty and warm the past few days.

Also, I have never put my feet up on the desk before this moment, and I was really nervous that someone would see me, haha.

Me and God had a long talk last night and I know that I am in this moment, in this place, in this job, etc., for a reason and I have to trust His timing. God knows what I need better than I do, so I can wait on His plan with confidence.

One of the things I am most excited about in the post-college season of life is fashion. Is that shallow? Clothes aren't my life, but I do love creating a look based on style and mood. I need an anchor, though. A vision that will keep me from flailing about in the seas of the fashion industry. All that glitters is not gold, as they say, and some types of clothing, whether its because its immodest or just plain ugly, should be avoided for my aesthetic.

You could probably guess this, but I love all things vintage. I grew up watching Doris Day movies, and I read about the adventures of the American Girls and Laura Ingalls Wilder. And right now at work I am listening to an Andrews Sisters Pandora station.

So here is my work fashion inspiration. I call it "Nancy Drew Goes to Work", ha.


Polyvore is a great site if you want to make inspiration boards for fashion or interior design. I am definitely not an expert when it comes to looking sharp everyday, but I do enjoy dreaming about it. It's probably good practice for those moments when I just can't seem to get an outfit together.

Here is "Vera Ellen Goes Dancing".

1 comment: