Friday, February 18, 2011

joy-FULL

‎"The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with JOY!"


Psalm 126:3

This is exactly how I have been feeling all week. Nothing in my life has changed, but I am just overflowing with the joy of the Lord. That, and the sun is shining, which always puts a smile on my face. 

This week has been so fabulous so far. On Monday, my friend Amber visited for a Bachelor/worship night. I know, I know, it doesn't seem like those two things should go together, but we had a lovely dinner, watched Michelle finally get what she deserved, and then went to Sub60 at Victory Church. Amber's friend from high school is one of the pastors of the group, so we decided to check it out. I really liked it! My biggest problem with Norman is that all the churches are too good! Ha, it makes it hard for me to settle into one family, but I trust the Lord's direction.

Tuesday is my day off, so I spent it doing a new ballet work out DVD (love it, but my legs are oh-so-sore today. In a good way), and then I went to a Norman middle school to mentor for the afternoon. I know most middle schoolers don't elicit this type of reaction from people, but they made me want to have children. Ha. I love mentoring middleschoolers. They are my favorite age, and it would be a dream to be involved in some sort of middle school ministry or nonprofit someday. They just have such a sweet spirit, especially the girls. I love that they still believe that they can do anything. Something about life robs most people of that feeling as they get older.

Also, my sweet soon-to-be sort of sister Cara gave me a cute blog award!

I've never received an award before, but apparently there are rules to these things. Here they are:
1. Link back and thank the fabulous person who bestowed the amazing award on you
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 7 other deserving and great bloggers
4. Contact the awarded bloggers to let them know of their award!

So here are my seven things :)
  1. I love reading, but I get bored easily, so I always read more than one book at a time. Right now I am reading five books.
  2. I have been keeping a consistent journal since I was six years old. I still remember getting my first journal from my cousin Brent and his then-girlfriend (now his wife) Kayla. It was a pink journal that you could glue ribbon and rhinestones on as decoration. I've saved every journal, too, so at any point I can read how silly I was in 3rd grade. It's great.
  3. You know how some people never grow out of their love for superheroes? Well, that is how I feel about Nancy Drew. I read all of the ND books as a child (I own well over 100 books to this day), and now I will watch the movies, T.V. shows, or whatever. I even follow a Nancy Drew blog and sometimes I play Nancy Drew computer games. I know, I am a HUGE nerd. But I don't care.
  4. I love Oklahoma. Some people think it is a fly-over state, but I think it is full of charm, history and potential. Plus men still wear cowboy boots here, and that is a wonderful thing.
  5. I love to travel, and have been to 39 out of 50 states. Not bad for a 22 year old! My goal is to hit all 50 before I die. 
  6. I love salty/sour things, like lemons, pickles, Twang, etc.
  7. I am obsessed with all things vintage. Clothes, records, movies--I love it. I'm old-fashioned. I came by it honest, though. My grandma partially raised me when my mom was working, so she embedded a lot of that Depression-era virtue into my soul. I wouldn't trade it for anything, even if it does make me a little eccentric. 
Now for the people who get to pass it on:
  1. Karissa at Karissa's Kacophony
  2. Abigail at Inspired and Amused
  3. Bailey at Mustard Ampersand
  4. Megan at Hello Cupcake
  5. Tiffany at Road to Robles
  6. Kayla at For Goodrich(er) or Poorer
  7. Kim at Kim Thoughts
There ya have it, folks! Hope you are having a great day! The weekend is happening so soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment