Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Song obsessions



Helplessness Blues by Fleet Foxes

The combination of the harmonies and the instruments gives this song such an earthy, bluegrass feel. I love it. Fleet Foxes is my favorite band, especially in the fall. They make me want to go on long walks down a country road, or something.

The Call by Regina Spektor



I've been reading Chronicles of Narnia lately and this song always reminds me of the second movie. 


Stay Young, Go Dancing by Death Cab for Cutie

This song is already sweet, with a great sound and wonderful lyrics. But the video adds even more charm. People who have been in love their whole life + frolicking in fields + outdoor dinner parties + cute children = perfection. 

We Are Young by Fun. feat. Janelle Monae

My friend Deborah shared this song with me as she was passing through Oklahoma City last week. It's just really catchy. 

Christmas Lights by Coldplay

I am a bit ashamed to admit this last one, because it is still October. But this is the only Christmas song I'll allow myself to listen to, I promise! And I figure it doesn't really count because the message is all sad and melancholy at first. It's more about the promise of Christmas than Christmas itself. So I am good, right? RIGHT??

No comments:

Post a Comment