Saturday, October 1, 2011

home sweet home

It's October. 2011 has gone by so fast for me, and it's hard to believe that we have less than 100 days until 2012. It's also hard to believe how much has changed since this time last year. It was October 2010 when I decided I wanted to move to Norman. I really had no good reason for it. No job, not a lot of friends. It seemed foolish, even to me, but I just needed a change of scenery.

Ten months later, and I don't regret it at all. In fact, at this point it's the best decision I've ever made. I loved OC, but I never felt a big connection with Edmond. And outside of my friends, who are all going their own directions post-college, I never had a community. But even on my loneliest day in Norman, I am happier here than I have been in any other place. I don't really understand why, but my heart feels settled here.

I'm so thankful. I'm honored to invest in this town, and to slowly, slowly build a community of people. And I am glad that I can wholeheartedly call this home.

No comments:

Post a Comment