Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mothers Day!

Here I am, on the eve of my birthday. Hanging out in my new apartment and getting used to what it means to live by yourself. It's the first time that I haven't been with my mom on Mothers Day, I'm pretty sure. She had to hang out in Idabel without me, unfortunately. Love you, Momma!

And of course, this day is for ALL the women who have mothered me over the years--Gina, Shelley, Grandma Helen, Grandma Zeda, Aunt Wren, Aunt Debbie, Carie, Christie, Michelle, Jeannie, Kaye, Leah.... the list could go on and on. That is the great and beautiful thing about womanhood, and humanity in general. We are all a part of something bigger than ourselves.

Thank you to all the women out there who are blazing a path for the rest of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment