Monday, May 9, 2011

birthday week

I know it isn't my birthday yet, but I can't help but feel like it has started early. When I went home this weekend, look what I found waiting for me!

I feel like a spoiled brat posting this, but my dad got me a pony horse for my birthday, and I couldn't be more excited. He got me a solid black filly, because about 7 years ago I mentioned that I would like to have one. He has a great memory! 

I'm also going to see Fleet Foxes in Dallas on Wednesday, we are wrapping up the Loveworks tutoring initiative for the school year this week, and then I am leaving on Saturday for a cruise to Mexico. 

Obviously, I am excited about this week! I love going on adventures, and having a vacation will be such a nice break. And then, a summer of working and finishing up some lingering projects around the house. I need to work on finishing my scrapbooks, making a T-shirt quilt (I have about 40 shirts that I never wear but don't want to donate), and reading a ton of books that I haven't finished. I think I'll miss the lazy days of summer but it might be fun to work, too. I'll choose to stay positive about it for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment