Saturday, December 22, 2012

Desert island, blog edition

Sometimes when I am bored, I play a little game called desert island. You probably know what I am talking about. They played it on The Office. It's where you choose the top five movies, books, people that would accompany you if you happened to be stranded on a desert island. Anyway, this is the kind of game I really enjoy because overthinking things happens to be one of my greatest strengths.

Since I started working full time almost two years ago, my blog reading has dropped significantly. I used to maintain a giant list of my favorite blogs to read, but I barely have time to write my own blog posts, let alone read those of strangers. So I decided to narrow down my list to my top five, absolute must-read blogs*. Check them out!

*I don't count my real-life friends in this list. This only applies to strangers that I stalk, er, follow online.

  1. LOVE TAZA. My love for this blog borders on obsession. I check it every day, without fail. Naomi and her family are adorable, which is the main draw. She doesn't really give her readers recipes or crafts or advice; she just has a ridiculously cool life that is worth reading about. 
  2. A BEAUTIFUL MESS. These girls are such DIY champs. They inspire me to make a gorgeous life for myself--no consumerism involved.
  3. HOW SWEET IT IS. This girl has the perfect balance of healthy and downright decadent treats. She is at least partially responsible for my recent obsession with brussels sprouts. (Seriously, eat them. They have a bad rep that they really don't deserve.)
  4. NO MORE DIRTY LOOKS. About three years ago, I discovered this eye-opening book that debunked myths surrounding the drug-store (and department-store!) brand of cosmetics. And since I am a closet granola hippie trapped in a preppy/vintage girl's body, I couldn't get enough of their clean beauty recommendations. Enter the blog, which has tons of product reviews, wellness tips, even recipes from time to time. It's nice to know that "green" girls can also be glamorous girls, and this blog provides the tips you need to do both.
  5. MAKING NICE IN THE MIDWEST. One part vintage charm, two parts fashion and photos and one part crafty creations. That's the magic formula that makes me and this blog muy simpatico. Plus, she has a cute baby, which equal extreme blog bonus points in my book.
What are your go-to blogs?

No comments:

Post a Comment